Your local Citizens Advice Bureau will provide you with free, face to face advice.

Paying off debt

Have a look around your home and see if there are some none essential items you could sell. Many people have got themselves out of debt by selling no longer wanted items on the eBay auction site.

Rent a room

If you have a spare room, you could rent it out to a lodger. You can receive up to £4,250 a year tax free (the figure quoted is halved if the home is jointly owned) in the 2008-2009 tax year.

Getting Enough?

You might be entitled to more money from the government.

You can:

Make sure you're not paying too much tax

See if you're entitled to tax credits

Make sure you're receiving all the benefits to which you are entitled.

Ensure other people living with you are paying their way.


Privacy Policy

No data is collected that enables you to be personally identified. Your email address will be collected if you send us a message. Email addresses are never passed on to third parties.

InterestFreeCredit is a participant in a number of affiliate networks. Cookies may be placed on your machine by one of these networks if you click an external link from this website. If you do not want this to happen, do not click any external links, or disallow cookies from within your browser.